Mainland China - If It's Chinese, It's Mainland China - Where's The Food

Latest

Friday 13 March 2020

Mainland China - If It's Chinese, It's Mainland China

The subtle blending of spices, the toss of the wok or the tempering of the sauces, Chinese food has made it to the list of every tastebud's favorite things to eat. And, I remember since my first visit to Golden Dragon on my Day 1 in Pune, my love and taste for Chinese Cuisine has seen a humongous growth. And while moving from forks to chopsticks, my transition story is wildly affected by a name that is none other than Mainland China. From Birthdays to Anniversaries, me and my friends would always find an excuse to go to Mainland China. And While It's been a long time since I had been there last, An invite for a blogger's table at Mainland China worked out just about fine for me as yet another excuse.

Mainland China, Amanora


This outlet at Amanora Mall is quite the first outlet that comes to mind, because of it's convenient location. And, If that's not enough, the overwhelming ambiance and beautiful decor is more than welcoming. Also, while all of these things are surely something worth talking about, let's quickly dive into the list of some of the amazing dishes that I got to try my hands on, because why not:-

Them Ambiance

Them Bars

Them Tables

SOUPS (NON-VEGETARIAN):-

Lung Fung Soup (Chicken) (275 INR):- While my love for soups are limited, This Ginger and Coriander flavoured thick soup with Eggwhite had enough quantity of chicken in it, that got me asking for more.

Lung Fung Soup (Chicken) (275 INR)

DIMSUMS (VEGETARIAN):-

Steamed Vegetable Dumplings Sichuan Style (305/375 INR):- These minced Vegetable Dumplings steamed & poached in a spicy sichuan broth and flvoured with sichuan pepper is everything spicy you were looking in a dimsum before, and are just mouthwatering and totally something to die for.

Steamed Vegetable Dumplings Sichuan Style (305/375 INR)

APPETIZERS (VEGETARIAN):-

Stir Fried Water Chestnuts Hunan Style (415/495 INR):- Coming from North India, Water Chestnuts was a major part of my childhood, we'd look for it everytime we'd go to our Grandma's. But, Those raw water chestnuts were everything we knew about, until these crunchy water chestnuts fried with soy and chilies at Mainland China changed everything I knew about what water chestnuts should taste like.

Stir Fried Water Chestnuts Hunan Style (415/495 INR)

Stir Fried Vegetables with Five Spice (415/490 INR):- These were the seasonal vegetables stir fried with Garlic, Soy and Aromatic Five Spice.

Stir Fried Vegetables with Five Spice (415/490 INR)

APPETIZERS (FISH):- 

Pan Fried Barbecued Fish (515/595 INR):- Like I've said before, During this phase where I'm still understanding and discovering my love for fish, there has been only a few times when something has stuck with me. And, This delicious preparation of Pan Seared Fish in a Cumin Flavoured Barbeque Sauce is surely one of those.

Pan Fried Barbecued Fish (515/595 INR)

APPETIZERS (SEAFOOD):-

Malaysian Curried Prawns (515/595 INR):- Hands down this is the best from the lot we are talking about. And, While I stop myself to write another page about my love for Prawns, the easiest way to describe how I think about this Stir Fried Curry Flavoured Prawns with Oriental Spices is that I still sometimes dream about eating a tub full of this in a large palace of my own with a great internet speed and 100k following on instagraaaaa.... lol jk, but trust me you really don't wanna miss this.

Malaysian Curried Prawns (515/595 INR)

APPETIZERS (POULTRY-CHICKEN):-

Pickled Coriander Chicken (485/555 INR):- This preparation of Stir Fried Chicken with Pickled Coriander, Garlic and Chilies is a whole another take on every chicken appetizer I've ever had.

Pickled Coriander Chicken (485/555 INR)

MAINS (VEGETARIAN):-

Stir Fried Vegetables & Cottage Cheese with Roasted Garlic (485/555 INR):- This was a perfect combination of Babycorn, Broccoli, Asparagus, Water Chestnuts, Fresh Mushrooms, Cottage Cheese, and Greens tossed with Roasted Garlic and Tobanjan Sauce.

Stir Fried Vegetables & Cottage Cheese with Roasted Garlic (485/555 INR)

Okra, Corn & Potato in Chilli Black Bean Sauce (445/505 INR):- This was another drool-worthy combination of Fresh Okra, Corn Kernels, and Potato Cubes tossed with Fresh Chillies and Black Beans.

Okra, Corn & Potato in Chilli Black Bean Sauce (445/505 INR)

 MAINS (SIDES -  VEGETARIAN):-

Stir Fried Haricot Beans with Dry Red Chillies & Sesame (325 INR):- Now I'm not gonna sit here and pretend that I've suddenly started to like Beans and all, but this preparation of Stir Fried Haricot Beans tossed with Dry Red Chillies and Sesame was worth trying and if you are one of those who do like beans, then I know for sure that you're not gonna wanna miss on this.

Stir Fried Haricot Beans with Dry Red Chillies & Sesame (325 INR)

MAINS (SEAFOOD):-

Cantonese Soy Steamed Fish (825/1150 INR):- Bhetki Fillet Marinated, Steamed and Topped with Flavourful Soya - This is clearly one of those reasons why they say MAINLAND CHINA IS WORTH ALL THE TALKING.

Cantonese Soy Steamed Fish (825/1150 INR)

MAINS (POULTRY - CHICKEN):-

Double Spicy Chengdu Chicken (485/550 INR):- Well, The name just gave it all away. If you love spicy food, then this spicy preparation of Chicken Tossed in a hot chilli sauce flavoured with Sichuan Pepper is gonna become your go-to-order at Mainland China. Why? Because it has become mine, I'm very convinced to order this on my next visit. #SPICYFOODISTHEBESTFOOD lol.

Double Spicy Chengdu Chicken (485/550 INR)

RICE (VEGETARIAN):-

Lotus Leaf Wrapped Rice with Corn Kernels & Almonds (375 INR):- This got us all talking right when a fancy dish was brought in a bamboo container which was all wrapped in a lotus leaf. If that didn't say enough why it was no ordinary rice, maybe you will have to try yourself this flavourful rice tossed with all the corn kernels and almonds in it.

Lotus Leaf Wrapped Rice with Corn Kernels & Almonds (375 INR)

NOODLES (VEGETARIAN):-

Singapore Style Fried Noodles with Beansprouts (355/425 INR):- This was a great preparation of wok tossed noodles and Beansprouts with Dark Soya.

Singapore Style Fried Noodles with Beansprouts (355/425 INR)

DESSERTS:-

Mango Pudding:- From the soft textures to the perfect flavours, Mainland China is game with their Mango Pudding.

Mango Pudding

Coconut Caramel Custard:- Caramel Custard is my feel good dessert option, and the flavours of coconut along with the usual ones of a caramel custard just made me feel a whole lot better than good. Wait, What's better than Good again?!

Coconut Caramel Custard

Rambutan with Icecream:- I am not really able to piece all my words together to tell you how I feel about this, but It has to be the best words you or I know - surely because this heavenly delicious combination of Rambutan and Vanilla Icecream has my heart and this is the best dessert I've ever had at Mainland China.

Rambutan with Icecream

Mainland China is a blessing in disguise for all Chinese Food lovers - some good Chinese food ideas begin and end at MLC. And, The great food under a roof with a magnificent ambiance combines for a place that is good for a date, a corporate party, or even a family meal. And to sum it all up in one line - Mainland China has always got your back with delicious food, a pleasing ambiance and a overwhelming service.

Not So Chinese Squad

Thank You Saguna Khullar and Team Milestone for extending the invite and Thank You Team MLC Amanora for hosting us.

Mainland China Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato